Updated: Jun 2, 2021
Another recipe inspired by Hebbars Kitchen and a few tricks by my friend Yashashree.
· 2 cups Maida / all purpose flour
· 1 tsp baking powder
· Salt as per taste
· 2 tbsp oil
· ¼ cup curd ( Dahi )
For Garlic Butter
· Butter, melted
· 2 tbsp coriander- finely chopped
. 7-8 cloves or Garlic finely chopped
Mix this into a paste.
1. In a bowl mix Maida, baking powder, salt, 2 oil, curd. Mix this well and knead it into a soft dough.
2. Cover it and rest for 2 hours.
3. After 2 hours, knead the dough again.
4. Roll small balls of dough into slightly oval shape. ( more irregular the better)
5. On a hot Tawa, sprinkle some water and now place the rolled naan. Because of water, naan sticks to Tawa. When it seems to be cooked. Flip the Tawa upside down onto the direct flame, this will cook the other side of the naan.
6. Now add the garlic butter on top of Naan and take the naan off the flame.
Here is a recipe of Matar Paneer