Location: 7-9 Calicut Street, Ballard Estate, Fort, Mumbai
When: March 2023
An old ice factory turned into a café that serves farm-to-table food. At Banyan Tree Café, which is a clean eating place as they claim, the freshest of the produce is used to make delicious food. This place is popular among the working professionals around. However, on the weekends, you’ll find couples and families happily brunching.
The name comes from the Banyan Tree that’s housed inside the café. It is said to be a 147-year-old tree. The entire space – IF.BE is an experimental place that is a confluence of art, architecture, and of course food!
The ambiance is rustic with exposed brick walls yet elegant with glass facades. The best part about this café, apart from the food was the natural sunlight throughout the place. It just feels so positive to be in here.
Here is what we had from their menu
1. Good Vibes – A Burrata salad with lots of greens – rocket leaves, arugula, avocado, nuts, and berries. It was amazing!( There is also make your own salad section on the menu)
2. Ratatouille – Baked to perfection
3. Fish and Chips – A classic
4. Classic Waffles – These were a little chewy. However, maybe we ate it slightly late so that might have been the reason.
We also had some of the freshly squeezed juices from the menu
1. Oh Honey- Melon and Pomegranate
2. The Melonaire – Watermelon, Orange, and Mint
3. Veggie Patch – Orange, Carrot, Spinach, and Ginger
They also have some sandwiches, egg preparations, and smoothie bowls.
Here is a link to their Zomato page
A beautiful, creative, and unique place offering clean food. A must-visit if you love the uniqueness of the city!
Taste – 5/ 5
Ambiance – 5/5
Service – 4.5/5
Value for money – 5/5
Cover image courtesy - Architectural Digest India