Pesarattu - Moong Dosa
Updated: May 22
Being married to a Tamil, Dosas and Idlis are very common in our household. But this time we opted for a healthy alternative.
Pesarattu is a Dosa made from whole Moong ( Green Gram ). There is no Urad Dal ( black gram) used.
Here is a quick recipe ---
Whole Green Moong (1.5 cups )
Uncooked rice ( 2 spoons )
Ginger - 1 inch
Coriander - half a cup coarsely chopped
Green Chilies - 2-3
Curry Leaves - 4-5
Rice flour - 1 Tablespoon
Salt - as per your taste
1. Take 1.5 cup whole green Moong. Add 2 spoons uncooked rice. Soak it overnight. ( 10 hours minimum )
**I used sprouted Moong to make it healthier.**
2. In the soaked Moong add ginger + coriander+ curry leaves +chilies + salt.
3. Now grind this into a paste. Similar to Dosa batter.
Keep it aside for half an hour.
4. For making Dosa, add rice flour into this batter.
5. On a hot tava / dosa pan, spread a spoonful of batter in the shape of dosa. Let it cook till it gets nicely brown.
6. I added sliced onion on Dosa right after spreading the batter. Onion adds to the flavour.
IMP- This dosa takes longer time to cook than the usual Dosa.