Chutney for Momos
Here's a recipe for the Indianized Spicy and Tangy chutney for Momos.
Dry Red Chilies – 3 -4
Tomatoes – 2-3 medium sized
Garlic – 6-7 cloves finely chopped
Ginger – One small piece finely chopped
Onion – Half if medium sized. Finely chopped
Spring Onion – 2-3 chopped
Soy Sauce – 1 tablespoon
Tomato Ketchup -1 teaspoon
Vinegar –Half teaspoon
Salt - As per taste
1. Take the dry red chilies in a glass bowl. Pour about half a cup hot water in it. In the same bowl add 2-3 roughly chopped tomatoes. Rest this for about 10-15 mins. Then microwave it for 10 mins. It will become mushy.
2. Later grind it in a fine paste.
3. In a pan, heat oil. Add ginger and garlic. Let it become golden brown.
4. Then add onion and spring onion. Saute this on a medium flame for 5 minutes.
5. Add salt and soy sauce. After 2-3 mins add the tomato and chilies mix we have made earlier.
6. In this add vinegar and tomato ketchup.
7. Let this cook on a slow flame for 5-10 mins till it's thick.
8. Serve with steaming hot momos.